Monday, September 10, 2012

Hi, Jack. Meet Mike!

Hopefully the TSA won't read that as "Hijack" and add me to the FBI's watch list.  Then again, I already have my TWIC so really it can only bring me business!

Yesterday's weather forecast was a bit off, instead of 1 - 3 rollers the seas were 2 - 4 feet with a period of about 3 seconds.  I didn't bother looking to see what NOAA said, we drifted out the St. Lucie Inlet and turned back before we got to the breakwaters.  We had a few bites, two of them actually bit off a bit of Mike's line but then I handed him the spool of 60# leader, and finally we got a fish on the boat.  I have a video which is pretty tame since Jacks hug the bottom, I'll edit it and post anything worth watching later.  We suspect this is the bugger that ate three big mullet and a few pinfish bit I didn't check his belly, my wife is the pro with a fillet knife and she only cares about meat and "caviar".  I know how much fight a little Jack can put up, it's no wonder we had to pull anchor to chase this bad boy. 

Mike and Jack, home at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment